On 11 October 2021, the Real Property Amendment (Certificates of Title) Act 2021 commenced, which abolished the Certificates of Title (CTs) and the control of the right to deal (CoRD) framework. All existing CTs have been cancelled and CTs will no longer be issued. Existing CTs will not need to be produced, and CoRD holder consent will not be required, for a dealing or plan to be registered. All existing Guidelines subject to this change are currently being reviewed and will be updated to reflect these changes. For further information regarding the abolition of CTs, please see https://www.registrargeneral.nsw.gov.au/property-and-conveyancing/eConveyancing/abolition-of-certificates-of-title

Road opening by the Roads and Maritime Services

A notice published in the Government Gazette may:

  • vest land owned by the RMS in the local council as road. The land may also be dedicated as public road.
  • declare a public road to be a controlled access road.

Request form 11R (PDF 131 KB) may be lodged together with a copy of the Gazette notice to record the action on the title.

For more information on RMS plans refer to the following pages:

Plan statements

Plans exempt from subdivision certificate - RMS plans

Acquistions for road purposes