CoRD Holder Consent requirements

A CoRD Holder Consent is an electronic document lodged through an ELNO, to provide consent to the registration of registry instruments and plans. It is the electronic equivalent of making the certificate of title (CT) available for a transaction.

There are three CoRD Holder Consent types:

  1. Transacting party consent  – used by a participant in a transaction, such as a discharging mortgagee, or an incoming mortgagee for an unencumbered land title.
  2. Third party consent  – used by a CoRD holder that is not a transacting party, such as a first mortgagee consenting to a second mortgage to a different mortgagee.
  3. Conversion to No-CT  – used by an eligible mortgagee to convert a paper CT to an eCT without a transaction.  

All three consent types are prepared, digitally signed by the CoRD holder (or their representative subscriber) and lodged through PEXA.

Requesting consent when there is an eCT when an eCT has issued, the party with Control of the Right to Deal (CoRD) must lodge a CoRD Holder Consent in order to consent to the registration of paper registry instruments, plans and ePlans.


Changing a CoRD Holder Consent information on modifying, adding documents consented to or withdrawal of a consent.


Withdrawing a CoRD Holder Consent how to withdraw a CoRD Holder Consent and in what circumstances can it be withdrawn.