There is an eCT for the land title. Does this mean I will not receive a paper CT after registration of my transaction?

If there is an eCT for the land title, it does not mean that you will receive an eCT after registration. A paper CT will issue if you are not eligible for an eCT.

Currently eCTs are only available to Authorised Deposit-Taking Institutions (ADIs):

  • who hold a registered first mortgage, and
  • are ELNO subscribers, or are represented by a ELNO subscriber

From 1 August 2017 where a mortgagee is an ADI and the mortgagee, or its representative, lodges a paper transaction, and they are or remain the first mortgagee on title, they will receive an eCT on registration of the paper transaction.