What happens with an eCT in a paper settlement?

If your transaction is being settled and lodged using paper documents, a paper CT will not be handed over. The discharging mortgagee (CoRD Holder) must electronically lodge a CoRD Holder Consent through an ELNO before settlement. The CoRD Holder Consent must specify all the dealings and parties to the settlement transaction. 

Parties involved should check via the NSW LRS CT Inquiry service that a CoRD Holder Consent has been lodged for their transaction, prior to attending settlement. An NSW LRS CT Inquiry can be performed through an NSW LRS approved information broker or NSW LRS Online.

For more information see NSW LRS Circular 2017/07 (PDF 366 KB)