Third party consent

A CoRD Holder Consent is an electronic document lodged electronically through an ELNO. It is used by a CoRD holder to provide consent to the registration of registry instruments and plans. It is the electronic equivalent of making the certificate of title available for a transaction.

When lodging a CoRD Holder Consent, the consenting party must specify the type of consent it is providing.

A Third Party Consent is one of the consent types in the CoRD Holder Consent. It is used where the consenting party is not a party to a transaction but is consenting to a registration see Examples for electronic registry instruments page.

A CoRD Holder Consent (Third Party Consent) may be lodged:

  • with one or more electronic registry instruments or
  • on its own (i.e. standalone) to provide consent to one or more paper registry instruments (where there is an eCT for the land title).


Requirements for electronic registry instruments using Transacting Party Consent for electronic transactions


Examples for electronic registry instruments of electronic transactions which require a Third Party Consent.


Requirements for paper registry instruments using Third Party Consent for paper transactions.


Requirements for paper registry plans, e-Plans and primary applications for using Third Party Consent for plans and primary applications.


Examples for paper registry instruments, plans and e-Plans which require a Third Party Consent.


Complete a CoRD Holder Consent - Third Party Consent information to assist with completing a CoRD Holder Consent (Third Party Consent).