Land title questions

Frequently asked questions about conveyancing rules, land titles, strata schemes and verification of identity.

What are the changes to retirement village law?

Can I record the name of a Self Managed Superannuation Fund (SMSF) on title?

Dealings eligible to be lodged by post

Do land title documents need to include an Australian Company Number (ACN) or Australian Business Number (ABN)?

How can I check if land is affected by a Commonwealth emissions reduction offsets project?

How can I get the price I paid for my property suppressed?

Why is the price I paid for my property shown on websites?

Can I lodge my documents and correspondence with NSW LRS by fax?

How do I add my partner's name to my property title?

What is a caveat?

Does NSW LRS have records of changes of name by deed poll?

I have changed my name. What should I do to change it on my title?

An owner has died. What do I do about the Torrens title?

I live in Sydney and want to discharge my mortgage. What should I do?

What is a Notice of Sale or Transfer of Land (NOS) form?

How do I convert my Old System land?

Can I lodge my documents with NSW LRS by post?

What is a Power of Attorney?

Do I have to pay stamp duty on my transfer?

What is tenancy?

How do I transfer a share or interest in a Torrens Title property?