On 11 October 2021, the Real Property Amendment (Certificates of Title) Act 2021 commenced, which abolished the Certificates of Title (CTs) and the control of the right to deal (CoRD) framework. All existing CTs have been cancelled and CTs will no longer be issued. Existing CTs will not need to be produced, and CoRD holder consent will not be required, for a dealing or plan to be registered. All existing Guidelines subject to this change are currently being reviewed and will be updated to reflect these changes. For further information regarding the abolition of CTs, please see https://www.registrargeneral.nsw.gov.au/property-and-conveyancing/eConveyancing/abolition-of-certificates-of-title

How do I satisfy a requisition for an electronic dealing?

If an electronic dealing only requires a minor alteration, the requisition may be satisfied by amending the electronic dealing provided to you in the initial requisition email. Please consider the following when making alterations:

  1. a dealing, caveat or instrument that requires a minor alteration after a requisition has been received will be required to be altered and re-submitted
  2. alterations must be made by striking through the matter intended to be altered and not by rubbing, scraping or cutting the surface of the paper or by using correction fluid
  3. signatures or initials noting alterations by interlineation or the striking through of matter must be placed in the margin as near as practicable to the alteration
  4. in addition, the name of the person noting the alteration must be printed in cases where:
    • the person initials an alteration, or
    • the person notes an alteration by signature, but the person’s name cannot be clearly ascertained
  5. the date of the alteration must be included.

If an electronic dealing does not meet the requirements of section 36 of the Real Property Act 1900 the dealing cannot be amended. The dealing must be withdrawn, and a new dealing must be lodged through an Electronic Lodgment Network Operator (ELNO).