On 11 October 2021, the Real Property Amendment (Certificates of Title) Act 2021 commenced, which abolished the Certificates of Title (CTs) and the control of the right to deal (CoRD) framework. All existing CTs have been cancelled and CTs will no longer be issued. Existing CTs will not need to be produced, and CoRD holder consent will not be required, for a dealing or plan to be registered. All existing Guidelines subject to this change are currently being reviewed and will be updated to reflect these changes. For further information regarding the abolition of CTs, please see https://www.registrargeneral.nsw.gov.au/property-and-conveyancing/eConveyancing/abolition-of-certificates-of-title


Lodgment fee

The current lodgment fee for a Water Access Licence dealing is assessed at the time of lodgment.  Additional fees may be assessed at any time after lodgment and are payable before registration of the dealing.

In addition to any other item, on lodgment of an application, request, dealing or caveat that will result in making, altering or removing more than 1 recording--for each additional recording e.g A single Discharge of Mortgage Form discharging two different mortgages by the same mortgagee will incur an additional fee.*

*Note: does not apply for an application to dispose of Crown land arising from the closing of a public road under the Roads Act 1993.

Current NSW LRS fees

See current NSW LRS fees.

No fee payable

Where no lodgment fee is payable for a dealing, the reason for fee exemption, e.g. the relevant legislation, must be clearly stated on the dealing or in a letter.

No lodgment fee is payable for a Water Access Licence dealing involving:

  • s18(1)(b) Electricity Generator Assets (Authorised Transactions) Act 2012

Where the reason for exemption is not listed above refer to the Administrative Officer (Practice) DRD2.

Refund of fees

A request for refund of fees as regards a dealing must be directed to the Team Leader, Registration Services Unit, NSW LRS.

Allowance of fees

Any request for an allowance of fees from an unregistered dealing to a substitute dealing lodged by the same party must be referred to the Team Leader, Registration Services Unit, NSW LRS.

Staff processing information

If approved:

  • give the substitute dealing a new barcode label with the original dealing number
  • note 'Substitute Instrument.  Date ... Time ..' on the substitute dealing
  • connect the substitute dealing to the case for the original dealing
  • register the substitute dealing if otherwise in order and
  • note 'Withdrawn. Substitute instrument lodged' on the original dealing if available and return to the lodging party.