This information aims to help you complete an electronic Notice of Sale.
The land title reference affected by the change of ownership must be specified.
Property street address
If there is a transfer of more than one property at different addresses, supply the land title reference and address for one of the properties only
The name assigned to a government administrative district, such as a Parish, County or Local Government Area.
Area of property
Specify the area of the property in metric units. If more than one land title is included in the transaction, the total area of all the land involved must be specified.
If the property transferred is a strata unit, specify the area of the strata lot.
Select one of the following:
- m2 – square metres
- ha – hectare
Nature of property
Select one of the following to specify the use of the property being dealt with:
- Carspace - land used specifically for providing vehicle parking.
- Commercial – land used specifically for commercial purposes.
- Factory - land used specifically for a factory.
- Marine berth - land used specifically for one or more marine berths.
- Office - land used specifically for one or more offices.
- Residence - land used specifically for a private residence.
- Shop - land used specifically for a shop.
- Vacant land - land not occupied or used for any specific purpose.
- Warehouse - land used specifically for a warehouse.
Service of Notice details
Party for notice
Select which party to whom notices are to be addressed. This person or organisation does not need to be the owner of the property as full names of all new registered proprietors are provided to authorities from information recorded on the transfer instrument lodged with this notice of sale.
- Owner’s agent – the agent that represents the proprietor of land.
- Owner – the proprietor of land.
Is Service of Notice Address the same as the Property Street Address?
- Yes – select if the address of the property is the same as the address for service of notices.
- No – select if the address of the property is not the same as the address for service of notices.
Share of the property transferred
Only enter the share of the property transferred if less than the whole property is being transferred.
How was the property transferred?
Select the occupancy being provided to the party receiving i.e. the transfer arrangement:
- To the tenant – the land is transferred to the existing tenant.
- With vacant possession – the land is transferred with vacant possession.
- With existing tenant – the land is transferred with the existing tenant.
This will default to the consideration type selected in the Transfer instrument.
If consideration type is monetary, the following fields must be completed:
Enter the purchase price of the property, inclusive of GST.
Enter the GST amount for the property purchased. If there is no GST payable, enter 0.
Contract of sale date
Enter the date in which the contract of sale was completed and signed by all relevant parties.
Enter the settlement date that has been scheduled.
If consideration type is non-monetary, the following fields must be completed:
Select one of the following methods of non-monetary acquisition:
- Court order – a direction issued by a court.
- Deed of assignment – a deed by which land or an interest in land is dispersed to the specified entitles.
- Deed of partition - a deed by which land held in a joint tenancy or tenancy in common is separated into different portions and dispersed among the owners.
- Intergenerational assignment - dispersion of land or an interest in land to family members.
- Other acquisition type – means of acquisition other than other listed.
- Will or intestacy - dispersion of land or an interest in land as a result of the death of the sole owner or an owner with a tenancy in common in that land or interest in land.
Enter the date of acquisition, as follows:
- Court order – date of order if a vesting order was made, otherwise date of transfer executed pursuant to the order
- Other acquisition type – date of execution of dealing or instrument if no other date is applicable
- Will or intestacy – date of grant of probate or letters of administration