On 11 October 2021, the Real Property Amendment (Certificates of Title) Act 2021 commenced, which abolished the Certificates of Title (CTs) and the control of the right to deal (CoRD) framework. All existing CTs have been cancelled and CTs will no longer be issued. Existing CTs will not need to be produced, and CoRD holder consent will not be required, for a dealing or plan to be registered. All existing Guidelines subject to this change are currently being reviewed and will be updated to reflect these changes. For further information regarding the abolition of CTs, please see https://www.registrargeneral.nsw.gov.au/property-and-conveyancing/eConveyancing/abolition-of-certificates-of-title


Annulment of Bankruptcy form 04BAN may be used to vest land in an entitled party following annulment of a bankruptcy.


Bankruptcy Application form 04BAP may be used to register an appointed trustee as proprietor of the estate or interest in land held by a bankrupt.

Charge pursuant to section 139ZN or section 139ZR Bankruptcy Act 1966 may be registered by lodging a Request form 11R (as a Dealing with Exception).

Charge pursuant to section 189AB Bankruptcy Act 1966 may be registered by lodgment of a Request form 11R (as a Dealing with Exception) signed by the controlling trustee.




Publication Date: March 2024