On 11 October 2021, the Real Property Amendment (Certificates of Title) Act 2021 commenced, which abolished the Certificates of Title (CTs) and the control of the right to deal (CoRD) framework. All existing CTs have been cancelled and CTs will no longer be issued. Existing CTs will not need to be produced, and CoRD holder consent will not be required, for a dealing or plan to be registered. All existing Guidelines subject to this change are currently being reviewed and will be updated to reflect these changes. For further information regarding the abolition of CTs, please see https://www.registrargeneral.nsw.gov.au/property-and-conveyancing/eConveyancing/abolition-of-certificates-of-title

Notice of Sale form

The Conveyancing Legislation (Notice of Sale) Amendment Act 1992 provides that any dealing that changes:

  • ownership of land
  • the lessee of a Crown land tenure lease or a Crown land Real Property Act lease

except for a dealing affecting:

  • a time-share title
  • a title for minerals or coal
  • an estate in remainder
  • or an easement in gross,

must be accompanied at lodgment by a completed current Notice of Sale or Transfer of Land (NOS) form 10-0520. Also see s39(1)(B) Real Property Act 1900.

The NOS form is available in two formats:

  • manual and
  • electronic (eNOS).

An eNOS is only available for connection to a dealing for 12 months from date of creation. 

The manual NOS form is not available online but can be obtained from our Sydney office or law stationers.

The eNOS facility can be accessed online through the NSW LRS Online portal.

For the particular lodgment requirements of NOS forms see the relevant dealing or document in ADIS documents lodged or Land dealing requirements

Also see Frequently asked questions - Notice of sale or transfer of land.

Note  Where a NOS form is required for more than one dealing or document being lodged, separate completed NOS forms must accompany those dealings or documents.

Any deed, eg an acknowledgment or conveyance, that is lodged with or made the subject matter of a Request form 11R that changes ownership of land must be accompanied by a NOS form.

If a lodging party declines to supply any of the details required on the NOS form, eg the consideration, a letter explaining the situation will be asked for.

See Greg Stilianou, Land Titling Law and Practice in NSW, Lawbook Co. 2013 [12.170].

Staff processing information

The letter, including a reference to the dealing or document number, must be forwarded to the Senior Policy Officer, Administration. The letter will be filed in the Authorities file M1361.  If a letter is not supplied the dealing or document must be marginally noted accordingly.

Note  All dealings accompanied by a Notice of Sale or Transfer of Land (NOS) form 10-0520 which affect a manual folio also require a Manual Data Entry (MDE) form 10-0500 to be completed at the time of noting the delayed number on the Register.

NOS form completion how to complete Notice of Sale or Transfer of Land (NOS) form - NOS forms are currently not available online but can be obtained from our Sydney office or law stationers.


NOS form amendment procedures to follow in case of error in Notice of Sale or Transfer of Land (NOS) form.


Area conversion property areas stated in a NOS form must be expressed in metric terms.


Manual Data Entry form staff processing information only.