On 11 October 2021, the Real Property Amendment (Certificates of Title) Act 2021 commenced, which abolished the Certificates of Title (CTs) and the control of the right to deal (CoRD) framework. All existing CTs have been cancelled and CTs will no longer be issued. Existing CTs will not need to be produced, and CoRD holder consent will not be required, for a dealing or plan to be registered. All existing Guidelines subject to this change are currently being reviewed and will be updated to reflect these changes. For further information regarding the abolition of CTs, please see https://www.registrargeneral.nsw.gov.au/property-and-conveyancing/eConveyancing/abolition-of-certificates-of-title

Order of Court, injunction extending a caveat

A caveator may obtain an Order of the Land and Environment Court to extend a caveat for a definite or indefinite period of time, or an injunction to prevent registration of WAL dealings, in response to the service of notices pursuant to Schedule 1A Part 2 Clause 7 Water Management Act 2000.  The Order of Court or injunction must be lodged with a Request to Record Action form W-11R.

Staff processing information

The Request to Record Action form W-11R together with a sealed copy of the Order of Court must be connected to the Service of Notice on Caveator or the adverse dealing, be placed in a red packet and be forwarded to Legal Division by hand. The case location must be updated in ITS.