On 11 October 2021, the Real Property Amendment (Certificates of Title) Act 2021 commenced, which abolished the Certificates of Title (CTs) and the control of the right to deal (CoRD) framework. All existing CTs have been cancelled and CTs will no longer be issued. Existing CTs will not need to be produced, and CoRD holder consent will not be required, for a dealing or plan to be registered. All existing Guidelines subject to this change are currently being reviewed and will be updated to reflect these changes. For further information regarding the abolition of CTs, please see https://www.registrargeneral.nsw.gov.au/property-and-conveyancing/eConveyancing/abolition-of-certificates-of-title

Change of address for service of notice on mortgagee

Form W-05CM (PDF 241 KB)

Dealing type

AM (mortgage)

AC (charge)

Legislation - s71D Water Management Act 2000

Stamp duty - Not required.

WAL Certificate - Not required.

Caveat noted on the WAL Folio - If specifically prohibited, refer to the Senior Examining Officer for service of notice on the caveator.

(E) The number of the WAL affected by the change of address must be stated.

(F) The tenure type of the WAL must be stated and agree with the tenure type shown on the WAL folio, i.e. Continuing or Supplementary.

(G) The registered number of the mortgage or charge affected by the change of address must be stated.

(H) The full name of the mortgagee or chargee must be stated and must be identical to the name of the mortgagee or chargee as shown on the WAL folio. The ACN or ARBN of a company etc must be stated.

(I) The new address for service of WaterNSW notices must be stated. Note  The address is not restricted to NSW.

(K) The change of address must be executed by the mortgagee or chargee and be witnessed, or be executed on their behalf by the following:

  • attorney and witnessed
  • authorised officer and witnessed or
  • solicitor or barrister
  • licenced conveyancer.

See execution requirements for companies, witnesses etc pages. Note  Requirements are the same as for Real Property Act dealings except where otherwise stated. 

Staff processing information

Refer to SD31

SD6 - Registration procedure

PRIME CODE    code of mortgage or charge as shown on the WAL folio

PRIME NO.    number of mortgage or charge


UMCA  (for mortgage)

UCCA  (for charge)

DETAILS    [full details of new address].