The location plan must be prepared on Plan Form 1 in accordance with schedules 10 and 11 of the following Lodgment Rules. It must show the following:
- a northpoint (directed upwards)
- the external boundaries of the land being subdivided and their lengths
- the external limits of the building and any other structures used to define the lots on the floor plan
- the identity of the building by indicating the street number, the number of levels and the materials of its external construction
- the boundaries of any lots not within the building (these should not be dimensioned)
- when a building containing lots is within 2 metres of a parcel boundary, connections must be provided from the building to the parcel boundary
- when a lot external to a building is within 2 metres of a parcel boundary, connections must be provided from the structural feature used to define the lot to the parcel boundary. These connections should correspond to those used on the floor plan to define the lots. The connections must be sufficient to establish that any lot boundaries are along or within the parcel boundaries.
- if the boundary of a lot coincides with the parcel boundary the plan may indicate this in lieu of showing connections from a building or structural feature.
Note All connections must be perpendicular from specific points on a structure or prolongations of the face of the structure.
- the identities of the adjoining lands.
- if an encroachment exists sufficient information to indicate the extent and nature of the encroachment.
Note See also Part strata development page.
- sufficient information to define the site, nature and origin of all existing affecting interests which affect the parcel
- sufficient information to define the site and nature of all affecting interests which are to be created upon registration of the plan and will affect the common property.
Panels are provided at the bottom of the plan form for administrative information:
- the surveyor’s name
- the date of the plan
- the surveyor’s reference. This must be identical to the reference shown on the administration sheets with exception of any information shown after the reference in brackets such as indicating a version number of the document.
- the plan heading. This must be identical to the plan heading on the administration sheets.
- the Local Government Area, Locality and reduction ratio of the plan.
To ensure clarity all lettering on Plan Form 1 should have a minimum height of 2.5 mm.