Transfer and Closure of Crown Road
This page aims to help you complete an electronic Transfer and Closure of Crown Road dealing form. This form is used to transfer a folio of the Register and request the Registrar General to endorse a notification of the road closure pursuant to section 152H Roads Act 1993. A notification is entered where monies are owing.
NOTE: This form must only be used by Department of Primary Industry and Environment (Crown Lands).
NOTE: Only the transferor (being the State of New South Wales) is required to be represented in the workspace for this dealing form. The subscriber must verify that it holds a transfer signed by or on behalf of a person(s) purporting to be the transferee(s).
Before lodging this document electronically via an Electronic Lodgment Network, a Subscriber must:
- verify their Client’s identity
- establish their Client’s right to deal with the land
- have a properly completed and executed Client Authorisation form and
- retain evidence that supports the dealing (see Supporting Evidence below).
The Subscriber must also certify that they have taken reasonable steps to ensure that the instrument is correct and compliant with relevant law and any Prescribed Requirement.
For more information on these requirements see:
Guide to complete
Legislation – Crown Land Management Act 2016 and section 152B Roads Act 1993.
Stamp Duty – required.
Notice of Sale – required. There is no need to separately create a Notice of Sale form. The Notice of Sale form is automatically produced in the workspace and sent to NSW LRS when the instrument is lodged.
Standard Form of Caveat – a caveat noted on the Register will prevent the recording of a Transfer and Closure of Crown Road.
Priority Notice Noted on the Register - see Priority Notice page for more information.
The following headings refer to the data fields which must be completed in order to lodge an electronic Transfer and Closure of Crown Road dealing form.
Enter the land title reference(s).
Party Details – Party Name
Select the transferor being the State of New South Wales.
Enter the name of the transferee.
Create Document – Select Other Documents.
Select Transfer and Closure of Crown Road.
Select the transferor, being the State of New South Wales.
Select the transferee.
Tenancy/Shares of the Transferee
Enter the tenancy/shares of the transferee.
Select one of the following consideration types:
- With monetary consideration - where a transfer involves payment of monies.
- Without monetary consideration and as regards a deed of partition - where a transfer does not involve payment of monies and satisfies the conditions set out in a deed of partition.
- Without monetary consideration and as regards a deed of assignment - where a transfer does not involve payment of monies and satisfies the conditions set out in a deed of assignment.
- Without monetary consideration and as regards a court order - where a transfer does not involve payment of monies and satisfies the conditions set out in a Court Order.
- Without monetary consideration and as regards an intergenerational assignment - where a transfer does not involve payment of monies and satisfies the conditions of an intergenerational assignment.
- Without monetary consideration and a change in manner of holding - where a transfer does not involve payment of monies and alters the names, tenancy and/or shares of the registered proprietors.
Gross Consideration Amount
Enter the consideration amount where the transfer is with monetary consideration.
Enter the consideration details where the transfer is without monetary consideration.
Transfer and Closure of Crown Road
The situation as regards monies fully paid or owing must be indicated by selecting the appropriate term. Select from one of the following:
- The Transferor states that purchase monies have been fully paid.
- The Transferor states that purchase monies are owing. The transferor imposes conditions as referred to in Schedule 2 of the Roads Regulation 2018 and requests a recording of same be made in the Folio of the Register.
Select the following:
- The Subscriber verifies that it holds a transfer signed by or on behalf of a person(s) purporting to be the transferee(s).
Attachment Type – Supporting Evidence (optional)
Attach any supporting evidence if required. If preparation of the dealing commenced prior to 1/7/2018 but was not completed until after 1/7/2018, a Savings and Transitional letter in the form as agreed between NSW LRS and Crown Lands, must be attached.
Attachment Type – Caveator’s consent
Attach a caveator’s consent if required.
In addition to evidence supporting the steps taken by the Subscriber to verify the identity of their Client and establish their Client’s right to deal, the Subscriber may be required to retain other evidence to support the dealing.
The evidence that the Subscriber is required to retain to support a Transfer and Closure of Crown Road dealing form may include:
- a true copy of the duly executed version of the document(s) uploaded as an attachment
- the Transfer signed by or on behalf of a person(s) purporting to be the transferee(s).
Other forms of evidence may be acceptable and it is a matter for the Subscriber to be satisfied that they have met the requirements for the dealing. Please refer to the ARNECC Guidance Note 5 for assistance on retaining evidence to support conveyancing transactions in accordance with the NSW Participation Rules.
All NSW legislation can be accessed at www.legislation.nsw.gov.au