Transfer of Minerals or Coal
This page aims to help you complete an electronic Transfer of Minerals or Coal dealing form. This form is only used to transfer minerals or coal from an existing Folio of the Register.
A standard transfer dealing form should be used for the following scenarios:
- a transfer of land excluding or excepting minerals or coal from the title or
- a transfer of a minerals title or
- a transfer of a coal title.
A transfer to a statutory authority that is not a State owned corporation must be drawn in the name of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second on behalf of the responsible Minister. The transfer will be registered to show ‘Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second ([name of the relevant department or authority])’ in the First Schedule, e.g. ‘Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second (State Rail Authority)’. No notifications, except for those listed, will be removed from the Second Schedule.
For more information see minerals and coal.
NOTE: Where a writ is noted on title, this dealing form must be lodged in paper, unless the judgment creditor consents to the Transfer of Minerals or Coal or the writ is removed.
NOTE: Both the transferor and the transferee must be represented in the workspace for this dealing form.
Before lodging this document electronically via an Electronic Lodgment Network, a Subscriber must:
- verify their Client’s identity
- establish their Client’s right to deal with the land
- have a properly completed and executed Client Authorisation form and
- retain evidence that supports the dealing (see Supporting Evidence below).
The Subscriber must also certify that they have taken reasonable steps to ensure that the instrument is correct and compliant with relevant law and any Prescribed Requirement.
For more information on these requirements see:
Guide to complete
Stamp Duty – required.
CoRD Holder Consent – required.
Notice of Sale – not required.
Standard Form of Caveat – a caveat noted on the Register will prevent the recording of a Transfer of Minerals or Coal.
Priority Notice Noted on the Register – see Priority Notice page for more information.
The following headings refer to the data fields which must be completed in order to lodge an electronic Transfer of Minerals or Coal dealing form.
Enter the land title reference(s).
Party Details – Party Name
Select the registered proprietor being the transferor.
Enter the name of the transferee.
Create Document – Select Other Documents.
Select Transfer of Minerals or Coal.
Select the transferor.
Select the Transferee.
Tenancy/Shares of the Transferee
Enter the tenancy/shares of the transferee.
Select one of the following consideration types:
- With monetary consideration - where a transfer involves payment of monies.
- Without monetary consideration and as regards a deed of partition - where a transfer does not involve payment of monies and satisfies the conditions set out in a deed of partition.
- Without monetary consideration and as regards a deed of assignment - where a transfer does not involve payment of monies and satisfies the conditions set out in a deed of assignment.
- Without monetary consideration and as regards a court order - where a transfer does not involve payment of monies and satisfies the conditions set out in a Court Order.
- Without monetary consideration and as regards an intergenerational assignment - where a transfer does not involve payment of monies and satisfies the conditions of an intergenerational assignment.
- Without monetary consideration and a change in manner of holding - where a transfer does not involve payment of monies and alters the names, tenancy and/or shares of the registered proprietors.
Gross Consideration Amount
Enter the consideration amount where the transfer is with monetary consideration.
Enter the consideration details where the transfer is without monetary consideration.
Transfer of Minerals or Coal
Select from one of the following:
Attachment Type – Caveator’s Consent
Attach a caveator’s consent if required.
Attachment Type – Supporting Evidence
Where the Transfer is pursuant to a Court Order, a sealed copy of the Court Order must be attached.
Where there is a writ recorded on the title, and the consent of the judgment creditor for this Transfer has been obtained, the consent is required to be attached.
In addition to evidence supporting the steps taken by the Subscriber to verify the identity of their Client and establish their Client’s right to deal, the Subscriber may be required to retain other evidence to support the dealing.
The evidence that the Subscriber is required to retain to support a Transfer of Minerals or Coal dealing form may include:
- A true copy of the duly executed version of the document(s) uploaded as an attachment.
Other forms of evidence may be acceptable and it is a matter for the Subscriber to be satisfied that they have met the requirements for the dealing. Please refer to the ARNECC Guidance Note 5 for assistance on retaining evidence to support conveyancing transactions in accordance with the NSW Participation Rules.
All NSW legislation can be accessed at www.legislation.nsw.gov.au