A Discharge of Mortgage instrument is used to remove the recording of the mortgage from a land title.
An electronic Discharge of Mortgage can be lodged where it affects the whole of the land.
An electronic Discharge of Mortgage cannot be used (a paper Discharge of Mortgage form 05DM (PDF 258 KB) may be used) in the following instances:
- To discharge a mortgage from part of the land.
- To discharge a mortgage that does not affect all of the mortgagees (when there are multiple mortgagees).
- To discharge a mortgage that does not affect all of the mortgagors (when there are multiple mortgagors).
- To discharge a sub-mortgage, mortgage of lease or a mortgage of charge.
- To discharge a part of the principal sum. This must be lodged as a Variation of Mortgage form 05VM in paper.
An electronic Discharge of Mortgage requires a CoRD Holder Consent. See CoRD Holder Consent requirements to identify which type of consent needs to be provided.
For information to assist with completing a Discharge of mortgage in PEXA, see PEXA guidance notes for Discharge of mortgage.