Foreign names, characters, language

The following applies to Real Property Act dealings, Water Access Licence dealings and the General Register.

The components of a foreign name, notably an Asian name, may be signed in any order.

A signature in foreign characters will not be questioned. The requirements for a dealing (including a Water Access Licence dealing) executed in a foreign country are the same as for a dealing executed in NSW.

Any document in a foreign language should be accompanied by a translation, which should be signed on each page by the interpreter and identified by her or him as an accurate translation of the document. For further information, see Baalman And Wells, Land Titles Office Practice, Lawbook Co. 2001 [155.150].