On 11 October 2021, the Real Property Amendment (Certificates of Title) Act 2021 commenced, which abolished the Certificates of Title (CTs) and the control of the right to deal (CoRD) framework. All existing CTs have been cancelled and CTs will no longer be issued. Existing CTs will not need to be produced, and CoRD holder consent will not be required, for a dealing or plan to be registered. All existing Guidelines subject to this change are currently being reviewed and will be updated to reflect these changes. For further information regarding the abolition of CTs, please see https://www.registrargeneral.nsw.gov.au/property-and-conveyancing/eConveyancing/abolition-of-certificates-of-title

Execution of dealings outside NSW

The following applies to Real Property Act dealings, Water Access Licence dealings and the General Register.

Where a dealing or document is executed in another State or in a foreign country, the requirements for the execution and attestation are the same as for a dealing or document executed in New South Wales. 

A signature in foreign characters will not be questioned.