Adding land to association property

A community, precinct or neighbourhood association may lease additional association property.

A neighbourhood association of a scheme which does not form part of a community scheme may purchase additional association property by transfer.

If it is intended to add land to association property by lease or transfer it must be contiguous to the community, precinct or neighbourhood parcel.

Schedule 9 Community Land Development Act 1989 requires that the following documents be lodged together with the lease or transfer:

  • the certificate of title for the land to be leased or transferred
  • the certificate of title for the association property
  • a certificate under seal of the relevant association as in Approved form 26 (PDF 53 KB) indicating that the lease or transfer was accepted by unanimous resolution
  • if a transfer is lodged an additional sheet of the detail plan and a replacement sheet for the association property together with appropriate administration sheets.