On 11 October 2021, the Real Property Amendment (Certificates of Title) Act 2021 commenced, which abolished the Certificates of Title (CTs) and the control of the right to deal (CoRD) framework. All existing CTs have been cancelled and CTs will no longer be issued. Existing CTs will not need to be produced, and CoRD holder consent will not be required, for a dealing or plan to be registered. All existing Guidelines subject to this change are currently being reviewed and will be updated to reflect these changes. For further information regarding the abolition of CTs, please see https://www.registrargeneral.nsw.gov.au/property-and-conveyancing/eConveyancing/abolition-of-certificates-of-title


Signatures, seals, certificates and other endorsements relating to new plans must be endorsed on the Administration Sheet completed for inclusion with the plan when lodged either electronically or by hand at NSW LRS.

A registered surveyor must complete and sign a survey certificate in accordance with the requirements of Form 1 of Schedule 6 Surveying and Spatial Information Regulation 2017.

Registered proprietors and affected parties must sign the Administration Sheet (in the panel provided) of either a deposited plan which on registration will become a current plan or any plan that bears a specific statement of intention.

Signing and witnessing of a plan by every person or corporation with an interest in the land is required.

Prescribed authorities include government, semi government and corporate bodies authorised under any Act with the power to act as the dominant tenement of an easement, positive covenant or restriction on the use of land.

Administration Sheet is the approved form for signatures and removes the need to endorse signatures and seals on the plan drawing sheets.

For information on how to complete a statutory declaration see the Statutory declarations page and our fact sheet What is a statutory declaration?

For more information for Plans and Titling contact plan-info@nswlrs.com.au

All NSW legislation can be accessed at www.legislation.nsw.gov.au/