On 11 October 2021, the Real Property Amendment (Certificates of Title) Act 2021 commenced, which abolished the Certificates of Title (CTs) and the control of the right to deal (CoRD) framework. All existing CTs have been cancelled and CTs will no longer be issued. Existing CTs will not need to be produced, and CoRD holder consent will not be required, for a dealing or plan to be registered. All existing Guidelines subject to this change are currently being reviewed and will be updated to reflect these changes. For further information regarding the abolition of CTs, please see https://www.registrargeneral.nsw.gov.au/property-and-conveyancing/eConveyancing/abolition-of-certificates-of-title

Updating a property address

NSW LRS is not responsible for the maintenance of property addresses in NSW. A local council assigns property addresses, and the addressing database is maintained by Spatial Services and the Valuer General.

Address details can change for a property after the registration of a plan. To check your property is correctly detailed on the NSW land title Register, you may conduct a ‘Reverse Street Address Inquiry’ in the NSW LRS Portal.

To correct or update a property address that appears to be incorrectly stated in the Reverse Street Address Inquiry on the NSW LRS Portal, you will need to:

  1. Contact your local council to confirm your property’s address and request that your local council update the address with Spatial Services and the Valuer General who manage the addressing database.

  2. Your local council will review the address and assess the documentation provided by you to determine whether the street number/address needs to be updated. The local council will also determine if the street number/address was incorrect when the plan was registered. 

  3. When your local council confirms a change needs to be made, you must contact Spatial Services and the Valuer General and provide them with the evidence provided from your council to implement the change into the system. Local councils may also make a request to update incorrect addresses by emailing Spatial Services and the Valuer General. Contact details are as follows:

For Spatial Services: SS-Addressing@customerservice.nsw.gov.au

For the Valuer General: vgnswlanddata@property.nsw.gov.au.

  1. Spatial Services and the Valuer General will implement the address update.

Once an address is updated by Spatial Services and the Valuer General, the change will automatically flow through to NSW LRS.

               5. Your local council will be able to confirm for you when this change has been implemented.  


‚ÄčAmendment of street address schedules on registered plans

Currently, a schedule of street addresses must be provided on the Administration sheet for each Deposited or Strata Plan. For further details see Street Addresses page.

However, NSW LRS does not amend street address schedules on registered plans if they were correct at the time of registration. For example, due to a subsequent change of locality or street name.

Where a registered plan contained incorrect information in the street address schedule or sub addresses at the time of registration, the initial request to amend the plan must come from the surveyor who prepared the plan. The surveyor must send an email to Plan Review using the Plan Review form requesting the amendment.

A  Request form 11R dealing must also be lodged requesting the amendment and accompanied by the prescribed fee and the following:

  1. Evidence that the schedule of street addresses was incorrect at the time of plan registration
  2. Evidence from the local council that predates plan registration proving that the schedule of street addresses was incorrect
  3. The consent of each of the registered proprietors affected by the street address amendment
  4. A marked-up copy of the schedule of street addresses, prepared by the surveyor, showing the requested amendments in red.

NOTE: An amendment fee is raised against the DP/SP number during the amendment process, and not raised at the time of the lodgment of the Request form 11R dealing.

When the amendment is made, the initial email request and all supporting documentation will be held in NSW LRS in a digital Amendment File. A marginal note relating to the amendment file is added to the Administration Sheet.

All NSW legislation can be accessed at www.legislation.nsw.gov.au/