These by-laws may only be amended or revoked by a unanimous resolution of the community, precinct or neighbourhood association - see s.17(2) Community Land Management Act 1989.
These by-laws relate to the essence or theme of the community scheme. The management statement can be used to set a theme for the whole development (retirement village, holiday cabins, permaculture hamlet etc) or might simply set a building standard that is to be followed and perpetuated. If something is to be designated as intrinsic to the theme of the development it should be included in this part of the management statement.
The by-laws in this part can specify:
- provisions limiting occupancy under the scheme to persons of a particular description (i.e. in a retirement village scheme to persons aged over 55 years)
- architectural, building or landscaping styles to be permitted
- materials that may be used in buildings and other structures
- provisions requiring that specified association property be used only for a particular purpose
- any other kind of restriction.